Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Discoveries

It only took me forever to post, but I'd like to share a couple of my latest discoveries, finds, whatever, with you. Not that it's all about material things, of course, but I have to say, I'm pretty impressed.

I love Etsy, but it's one dangerous place for a girl like me to hang out. You know, I get bored at work fairly often & find myself checking things out online. This probably happens way too much, but hey - it is what it is. I recently made a purchase from a shop called ShopLimelight, & I'm very excited to use them. (That link was your clue to at least take a look...so long as you come back here.) Check out these napkin rings:

il_fullxfull.29072558

Aren't those awesome?! Real shells, & a real starfish! I was so stoked to find these, but I held onto them in my favorites for a while...& then one day - voila! They were on SALE! I snatched those babies right up. Never mind that I have no cloth napkins at this time - they met their unfortunate demise in a rather strange accident that I'd rather not get into...

Because Etsy tends to be a friendly place, the shop owner Betsy & I had a few conversations, & I told her that I would (eventually) feature her shop on my blog. Betsy checked me out, decided she liked me, & sent me a bonus! Thanks, Betsy!

il_fullxfull.30492638

A set of 8 cotton cocktail napkins! Thanks to Betsy, I've taken another tiny step toward greener living. Al Gore would be so proud.

I used these beauties for the first time when our pals Shan & Sean came over a few weeks ago for our usual evening of slightly excessive consumption of great wine & very good times.

100_2016

Don't they look lovely under our wine? I think so, & we enjoyed using them! What a lovely gift. (Someday soon, I hope to add pictures of those incredible napkin rings in use, too.)

Might I add that it was one of our favorite wines, the Bin 36 Merlot. You'll drink this fuckin' Merlot & you will love it... because I said so & because it truly rocks. I've never steered you wrong before, so go pick some up today...

Yum.

10 comments:

sarah said...

I'm not fuckin' drinking merlot! Hehe. I lurve that movie.

Those napkins are to die for - but Mr. T would flip if I brought those home. I pity the fool!

LucyinStLou said...

I so love those napkin rings! Believe it or not, I seriously thought about buying them, but talked myself out of it. (Oh look at me economize.) Now I will have to visit them at your house!

Thom said...

Oh my, napkin rings... as an Innkeeper I had some of the coolest napkin rings imaginable. I got nearly all of them locally.. well, locally that is now 2,000 miles away. I kept some and do you want to talk cloth napkins? Yikes, I kept a lot of those too. But cloth cocktail napkins? why did I not know about this? Must have... must buy... running out the door to purchase...

Claire said...

Sarah, I also love Sideways. I equally love the commentary, but you have to watch it if you've had a bit to drink. =)

Lucy, I'm glad you didn't get the napkin rings or else I might have had to commit theft the next time I came over. I'd leave $, of course.

Thom, I'd love to see those napkin rings! And by all means, hop on over to Betsy's shop - I absolutely love those cocktail napkins!

Jenn said...

Those cocktail napkins are to die for!!! I think I may neeed them for my new kitchen :)

Rhonda said...

Cute stuff, Claire! I love love love Merlot. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Claire said...

Yes, Jenn, I looove my cocktail napkins. We'll use them next time!

Rhonda, that Bin 36 is awesome, & not very expensive at all. You can pick it up at Lukas & The Wine Barrel (across from Growlers on S. Lindbergh) for sure. Good stuff. I'm a huge fan of Merlot, so anytime you want to know a good one, or you just want to drink one, let me know!

Savvy Mode SG said...

those napkins are quite lovely. good contrast.

Blue Ice Dave said...

Love the cloth cocktail napkins...Now I have one more site to check out.

Steve and Stepher said...

Etsy Betsy! Love it.

We have a HUGE beach theme happening here at Casa Del S2. It started w/our manatee mailbox

http://www.flickr.com/photos/_s_t_e_p_h_e_r_/2127540500/in/set-72157603543920150/

and took a serious turn for the sandy land ever since.

How sweet of her to throw in extras. I WILL check her shop out. Probably about NOW.