Saturday, February 14, 2009

Still The One

I received a card in the mail yesterday. It read:

To My Very Special Love
On Valentines Day

We found each other.

We knew.

We knew that it was so amazing.

Happy Valentine's Day to My One & Only.

My Love.


Awwww, right? Well....

At the top of the card was "Dear Claire & Doug", & after "My One & Only" was "daughter & son-in-law". However, there was no signature -- my dad had forgotten to sign the card.

Yeah...I know.

In other, not-so-weird news, today is The Day. Yeah, yeah, it's Valentine's Day, but big whoop. Seriously. It's a freakin' Hallmark holiday. Today is The Day because in about 45 minutes, Doug & I are getting in the car & driving to New Orleans! Yup, nothing says romance like 9-10 hours in a car. We'll meet up with Lucy & Mr. Luce at the hotel, play around town for a bit, & then get on our big, grand boat to Mexico.

Mayhem is sure to follow.

Before I leave you on this day that means something very different to you, let me share a new favorite. Happy VD!







5 comments:

Thom said...

Well, it's the thought that counts, right? I would probably pass out if I got a card like that from my father... but the father/daughter thing is different. Scratch that, my family is just as crazy...

Hey, have fun in the Big Easy!

sarah said...

Um, why on earth did you wish venereal disease on us??? That's not right. Not right at all...

My one. My only. My love. Bwahahahahaha! Gotta love the crazy. At least a little, right??

Can't wait to see you when you get back!!!

Sheila said...

Valentine's Day, cards, blah blah blah. I want PICTURES of this Mexico trip, and no getting lazy with the camera this time! ;)

LucyinStLou said...

Ah, we did have mayhem! Hopefully, our rampant sickness didn't dampen our natural charm too much.

Angie said...

I left you a present on my blog :)