Friday, January 30, 2009

Quick...

...I only have a few minutes before I have to dash off to clinic. (Those of you that know what my new job is know that this means that I'm going to have a long, confusing, tiring, yet educational day.)

What a week.

It started off with the Food & Wine Experience at the Chase on Sunday. We had VIP tickets -- there's simply no other way for us. After a couple of years of just doing the general admission area, we decided to step it up & we haven't regretted it one bit. I hesitate to say how great it was because I'm selfish, but it has to be said that the wines were wonderful. Mostly dry with some Rieslings here & there, but everything was a delight. Sundays are great for this event...it's not anywhere near as busy as Saturdays, & while the hangover potential is definitely a concern, as long as you're not stupid, it can be enjoyed greatly. And it was. Like I said, I don't have time to go into the great wines we had, but I do hope to get to that sometime soon. You know, before I forget them all! But before I stop writing about this, I will say that the food kicked ass! Lobster mac & cheese, all I wanted. 'Nuff said.

Surprisingly, we've had no other wine this week, & we've been in bed no later than 8:40 every night. Yeah, we're still getting up really early, but we might try to keep that bedtime schedule at least a couple of nights a week. I haven't felt quite so cheated in the mornings! Ah, but I do love to watch tv at night, so we'll see.

We were more or less snowed-in on Wednesday, much to my surprise. You see, Doug's hardcore, so he tends to battle the bad weather. Since he drives Miss Daisy (me) to work every day, I let him make that call. Yay! Nothing but a day of hanging out on the couch with the dogs. Sure, I should've been more productive - every single one of our closets are in desperate need of cleaning & organizing - but nah...

So much more to say, so little time. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

LucyinStLou said...

Oh, I was sorry to have missed that on Sunday! Glad to hear someone got to go and enjoy it.

Danny said...

I hate winter. We are in the midst of a real cold spell that has me caught up in the worst case of the shack nasties that I have had in a long time. Oh well, I saw some seagulls today. Usually that means that warmer days are not too far off.....